Principal Test Consultant
- Job Ref
- Principal Test Consultant
Are you seeking a company which is fast paced, dynamic and offers career progression?
A company which rewards individual / team excellence and values new / exciting ideas?
If so our client is seeking an experienced Principal Technical Consultant for a permanent role in London.
They are seeking someone who has hands on experience of software development, automation tools and development frameworks.
The client is seeking someone who possesses extensive knowledge of and is enthusiastic about software engineering, testing methods, tools and techniques to provide cutting edge solutions.
They require someone that is hands on and retains strong leadership skills and an ability to delegate and manage teams, projects and programmes or work.
- Create an automation strategy by working closely with the client to fully understanding the client’s requirements
- Design, develop and support automation test frameworks using a variety of commercially available tools as well as bespoke solutions for the client
- Lead a team of highly skilled testers providing them with guidance and mentorship when needed
- Work independently but also in collaboration with teams across the business
- Be tool agnostic and recommend new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing for clients.
- Have excellent written skills – meaning you will produce clear / concise reports and documentation
- Be confident in your knowledge and provide expert advice / feedback to the clients.
- Work closely with account managers to help prepare proposals for prospective new clients ensuring that you identify and meet their needs.
- Be the face of the company on Clients sites, deal with and manage any issues that may arise
- Four years commercial experience of technical testing (automation & performance)
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of a variety of automation test tools (Selenium, Cucumber, Ranorex, SoapUI, Appium, Watir)
- Working knowledge of a variety of performance test tools (JMeter, Gatling, Neoload, Webload)
- The ability to develop complex code in at least one of the following (Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, C#, C, C++, PHP)
- Experience of designing and developing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (SCRUM, Kanban, DSDM, TDD, BDD)
- Understanding of Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, Go, Buildbot)
Salary: £70k – £85k (depending on experience)