Head of Digital Products
London, South East
Full Time, Permanent
- Job Ref
Head of Product Engineering
London or South East
£90,000 – £100,000
Do you have a track record in developing and leading world class product development and engineering teams with a “people-first” philosophy?
Do you have a strong understanding across modern software and product development, along with testing and quality processes?
My client is a global, market-leading brand within the entertainment industry and have an excellent reputation across the market they operate within.
Currently going through a positive period of transformation across the whole IT estate they are looking for a hands-on, entrepreneurial Head of Product Engineering who has a passion for user experience & all things digital but most importantly leads by example and is a true team-player.
What will you be getting involved with?
- Whilst an established and successful business, due to the transformation programme the culture and environment has an entrepreneurial, a start-up feel so be ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in with the following;
- Day to day architectural and technology problem-solving, coaching, direction and guidance to product teams and assisting with product roadmap strategy
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology stacks and platforms, including web application frameworks and cloud providers
- Provide guidance and insight to product teams to establish governance processes, direction and control to ensure objectives are achieved and risks are managed appropriately for product development
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely
- Encourage contribution to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers, releasing code, presenting at conferences, and writing for publication
What experience will you need to be successful?
- 10+ years in Senior engineering and technology roles working with product development teams, delivering and building digital products
- A track record of hiring, onboarding, and developing engineering and product teams
- An expert in product development for web and mobile with hands on experience coding in with web and JS frameworks – such as Angular, React or Node.JS including experience with CSS and HTML
- An expert in Agile software development methodologies and processes including CI, CD, TDD and automation
- A wide experience and understanding of architecture in terms of solution, data and integration
- Experience working with teams using DevOps and continuous delivery with focus on delivering rapid customer value
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
In return you will be offered a true opportunity to lead a friendly, motivated and driven team and add real value to a market leading business going through transformation. There is an attractive salary on offer along with 7% pension contribution, 25 Days Holiday, Life assurance, Private Medical Insurance & Income protection and Flex benefits (gym, dental insurance, travel insurance etc).