Head of IT Security
Full Time, Permanent
- Job Ref
Head of IT Security
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £80,000 – £100,000 PA
Up To 30% Bonus
This is an exceptionally rewarding and challenging role due to the nature of the environment and change going on within the organisation. As the Head of IT Security, you will be a member of the technology Leadership team and sponsor IT Security initiatives with senior stakeholders, providing expertise and guidance on how the organisation’s information and systems should be protected.
The opportunity in question requires somebody that can really lead on all fronts and have exceptional stakeholder management skills. Ensuring stakeholders are kept engaged and informed along with having the ability to challenge the norm with conviction.
- Definition, implementation and communication of IT Security strategy, standards and policies (user and technology solutions)
- Definition, implementation and communication of Compliance policies as they apply to the technical estate and the IT function
- Developing and implementing a control framework that assures compliance with in-scope policies; reporting failures & proposing remediating activities
- Assurance of technical designs for compliance with Security standards
- Managing and controlling the IT Security budget
- Management of Security Incidents including engaging senior internal and external stakeholders (where appropriate) and ensuring appropriate communication with impacted user communities
- Leading the IT Security; managing performance and capacity and prioritising workload
- Contributing to the leadership of the IT function, supporting your peers and actively and consistently displaying the behaviours and culture that are a feature of an inclusive, supportive, high-performing function.
- Provide Security Leadership
- Manage Security Operations
- Deliver improvements in information Security and Compliance
- Increase information security awareness across the business
- Manage the IT Security team
- Provide IT Leadership
- 5-10 years in an IT Security function. CISSP or similar qualification
- Demonstrable experience of developing and embedding IT Security Risk and Compliance governance
- Evidence of ability to establish credibility as a subject matter expert at senior and operational levels
- Experience with IT security audits desirable
- Knowledge of the latest IT thinking and threat modelling methods and experience of applying that using a pragmatic and creative approach to achieving desired outcomes
- Deep understanding of change delivery and IT operations processes
- Proven leadership skills
This role really does require the best of the best. If this sounds like you please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the Cranford Group team today!